Who we are:
Alarm Detection Systems is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are currently one of the largest privately owned security companies in the nation. We employ over 300 people, continue to have a strong family atmosphere, offer same day service to our customers and have an award winning UL Listed Central Station.
We are currently looking for someone who can fill the position of both 3rdShift Dispatch Operator & Alarm Site Responder.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer.
Dispatch Operator Job Summary:
The dispatcher’s job is to handle life safety alarms with care, in a timely manner and with accuracy. They will work closely with field technicians and handle all incoming calls when the main office is closed. Multitasking, prioritizing calls and communicating to the Police and Fire Departments clearly and efficiently is essential to the job.
Alarm Site Responder Job Summary:
This service is designed to have a responding party to check a location so the customer does not have to. In some cases, they will meet the Police or Fire Departments to give them access to the location. There will be times they will respond to check for evidence of a break-in or false alarm and will need to reset the system. When they are not out in the field, they will assist the Central Station with daily operations and basic building maintenance (ex: shoveling, salting, stocking necessities, etc…).
The right candidate will be able to:
- Drive a manual stick shift vehicle
- Sit and remain alert for extended periods of time
- Work 4PM-12AM, weekends and holidays. As well as have schedule flexibility to meet department staffing requirements
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor during stressful or critical situations
- Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card from the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- Must be willing to consent to a polygraph examination
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have a High School Education or equivalent
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Holiday pay for worked time on a Company paid holiday
- Short-term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match