Come join our family owned business! With approximately 300 employees and offices in Illinois and Colorado, we offer competitive wages and benefits, along with a great work atmosphere!
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00+ full company benefits
Our Full-Time Employees Enjoy the Following:
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- A great reputation with it customers (A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau/Great rating on Yelp and Google Reviews)
- Stability–ADS has been in business since 1968
This is a field position. The Locksmith is responsible for locks, deadbolts and other locking devices used for safeguarding homes, businesses and other property for Alarm Detection Systems (ADS) customers.
- Observes and complies with all company safety policies.
- Uses required protective equipment while completing work requests.
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Uses proper tools to; Install, modify and repair locks, Install and repair safes.
- Make new master keys, reset combinations and re-key doors.
- Determine the type of lock needed for customers for new or replacement locks.
- Cut or drill the proper opening in a selected location and fit the lock in place using power tools.
- Make final adjustments to locks to ensure that they work properly.
- Install electric door strikes for card access installations.
- Working at customer locations; residential and commercial properties.
- Responsible for night call on a rotating schedule.
- Use of drills, grinders and other power and hand tools
- Knowledge of electricity and electronics
- Ability to understand lock and key specifications, operating manuals and other written or oral instructions
- Knowledge of safes and locks
- Mechanical and Mathematical skills
- Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Detail oriented with ability to maintain accurate records
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years minimum experience as a locksmith or other trade.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- ALOA Locksmith or locksmith school, a plus
- Medeco training, a plus
- Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card from the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
The locksmith is expected to work independently and perform all work up to ADS’ quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. This description identifies the responsibilities and tasks associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer