Alarm Detection Systems is looking for a candidate who is interested in a technical position with the full potential of a long-lasting career. A candidate who loves working with electronics, has basic computer skills, knowledge of AC/DC electronics, is self-motivated and detail oriented would be best suited for this position. This is a field service position. The service technician is responsible for maintenance and repairs to burglar and fire alarm systems and other related equipment for ADS customers.
- Maintain, test, and repair residential and commercial burglar and fire alarm systems.
- Responsible to instruct the customer in the proper use of their system.
- Clearly document all service tickets.
- Maintain the ADS company vehicle, inventory, cell phone, and ADS tools.
- Communicate necessary information with the department manager, co-workers and routers.
- Follow safe work practices to ensure a safe work environment for themselves, co-workers, and customers.
- Be prepared to work and drive in all types of weather conditions.
- Responsible to read and follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the ADS Employee Handbook.
- Burglar and Fire alarm equipment knowledge
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Electronic troubleshooting using Digital and analog Volt/Ohm/Amp meter
- Troubleshooting skills ; AC/DC voltages, field wiring, control panel diagnostics
- Ability to drive a manual transmission
Education and/or Experience
- Some college and/or high school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer but not required: 2 years minimum experience with electronic troubleshooting, auto, sound systems, and/or computer
- Prefer: Basic electronics courses
Hours/Day: 40 hour work week/ On call rotation
Sitting, Stand, Walking, Lifting: 50 – 75lbs, Carrying: 50 – 75lbs, Pushing, Pulling, Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Handling (grasping, holding), Fingering (fine dexterity), Talking, Hearing, Vision, Color Vision
- Offices, factories, schools, retail stores, outdoor parking lots, hospitals, boiler rooms, basements, attics, chemical producers, distributors, residential homes, and apartment/condo buildings.
- Will be outside in all types of weather including heat, cold, rain, snow, and icy conditions.
- Will drive company vehicle during the day and night conditions.
Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card from the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer