This is a field technician position. The Installation Technician is required to be technically capable for the installation of commercial burglar, fire alarms-(IL only), access control and CCTV systems at various customer locations within the ADS service area. The Installer is expected to work independently and perform all work up to ADS’ quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation of control panels, door contacts, motion detectors, fire-initiating devices (IL only), fire notification devices (IL only), access control, cameras, and all other equipment related to the individual customer’s account
- Responsible for detailed reports on all tasks performed on each individual account
- Responsible to develop a complete understanding of the proper techniques for installing and testing of residential and commercial systems, along with all approved protection devices
- Responsible to instruct the subscriber (customer) in the proper use and operation of the alarm system
- Responsible to read and follow the ADS installation manual
- Responsible to follow all ADS safety procedures and policies (as outlined in the ADS personnel handbook)
- Must be punctual and adhere to attendance standards
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Alarm industry experience is highly preferred
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Installation — Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Quality conscious
- Use of hand and power tools safely
- Communication skills
- Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card from the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (Illinois employees only)
- Maintain a driver’s license, maintain an insurable driving record, and be capable of driving on company assignments
- NICET Level 1 Certification or higher
- EST Training is a plus
- Networking and/or network security experience is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting: 50 – 75 lbs
- Carrying: 50 – 75 lbs
- Depth Perception
- Color Vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems, Inc. maintains a quiet, non-smoking office environment.
The Installation Technician must be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions.
Salary: $24.00 – $26.00 per hourApply