This is a field technician position. The Installation Technician is required to be technically capable for the installation of commercial burglar and fire alarms at various customer locations within the ADS service area. The Installer is expected to work independently and perform all work up to ADS’ quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer.
We believe in providing a generous, comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Company-paid cell phone
- Company vehicle
- Tool allowance of $30 per month for the purchase of tools, equipment, uniforms, safety equipment and supplies related to Company business
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Continuous professional and development opportunities
- A fun, high-energy work environment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation of control panels, door contacts, motion detectors, fire-initiating devices, fire notification devices, cameras and all other equipment related to the individual customer’s account.
- Responsible for written detailed reports on all tasks performed on each individual account.
- Responsible to develop a complete understanding of the proper techniques for installing and testing of residential and commercial systems, along with all approved protection devices.
- Responsible to instruct the subscriber (customer) in the proper use and operation of the alarm system.
- Responsible to read and follow the ADS installation manual.
- Responsible to follow all ADS safety procedures and policies (as outlined in the ADS personnel handbook).
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Alarm industry experience, preferred.
- Customer and Personal Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics— Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Installation— Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving— Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Use of hand and power tools safely
- Communication skills
- Clear and valid driver’s license is required
- NICET Level 1 Certification or higher is required
- EST Training is a plus