Libertyville, IL | Full-time
Outside Commercial Sales Representative
To develop new business relationships in order to increase the company revenue; and maintain an awareness and understanding of company goals and work to enhance its overall image and presence in the market.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer.
We believe in providing a generous, comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company paid short-term disability
- Ability to work from home
- Uncapped commission
- Company-paid cell phone
- Company-paid laptop
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Continuous professional and development opportunities
- A fun, high-energy work environment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make sales calls professionally and survey prospects facilities for proper application of company products and services.
- Provide and maintain complete pricing for all jobs quoted on the company network.
- Provide details and paperwork necessary for a complete and professional installation of jobs sold.
- Learn and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Learn company products and services
- Continue with self-education on products and sales skills
- Learn and maintain company sales database for prospects
- Develop new business and achieve sales quota expectations
- Must be able to perform surveys of buildings
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle for transportation to and from prospect and customer locations throughout the company territory
- Must be able to gain access to commercial or residential buildings to assess the customer needs and requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ sales experience
- Alarm industry experience, a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities
- Must be able to prospect effectively and close sales
- Motivated, enthusiastic, driven
- Good time management skills are required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English, Bi-lingual capabilities a plus
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card from the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fingering (fine dexterity)
- Color Vision
The work environment for the Security Consultant can be in any commercial or residential setting and also includes the ADS office environment. Must be prepared to work and drive in all types of weather conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Related keywords: sales, outside sales representative, sales representative, outside sales