Aurora, IL | Full-time
We are seeking to form a team of enthusiastic, professional, and highly motivated outside residential sales consultants looking to build a career in a rewarding and fast-moving industry that provides the latest technology in protection for homes and small businesses. Protecting homes and providing security for the things that matter most is our highest priority. We offer professional, cost-effective solutions for home alarm installation, repair, and monitoring. If you are a hard-working “career-minded” individual looking for a position that allows an uncapped earning potential based on personal performance, this would be the perfect fit for you. If you are coachable and open to a comprehensive training plan; this opportunity will allow you to grow in your career and attain your professional goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer.
We believe in providing a generous, comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company paid short-term disability
- Ability to work from home
- Uncapped commission
- Company paid cell phone
- Company paid laptop
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Continuous professional and development opportunities
- A fun, high-energy work environment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting, networking, and building alliances to promote the company
- Providing security solutions to residential and small commercial clients
- Calling our existing customer base to provide additional solutions and services
- Generating and maintaining accurate and detailed records
- Meet or exceed monthly sales quota
- Willing to work the hours necessary, which includes nights and weekends, to meet the needs of our customers
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle for transportation to and from company office to prospect locations throughout the company territory
- Learn company products and services
- Develop new business through cold calling, company provided deals to achieve sales quota expectations
- Learn and maintain company sales database for prospects
- Make sales calls professionally and survey prospects facilities for proper application of company products and services, to include climbing stairs, indoor and outdoor site surveys
- Explain technical product or service information to customers
- Outside sales experience a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Above average customer service skills
- Professional presentation
- Strong desire to succeed
- Social Perceptiveness
- Service Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) from the IL Dept. of Financial and Professional Regulation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fingering (fine dexterity)
- Hand-eye Coordination
- Color Vision
The work environment for the Residential Sales Representative can be in any commercial or residential setting and also includes the ADS office environment. Must be prepared to work and drive in all types of weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.