Aurora, IL | Full-time
This is a field service position. The Service Technician is responsible for maintenance and repairs to burglar and fire alarm systems and other related equipment for ADS customers. The technician is expected to work independently and perform all work up to ADS’ quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alarm Detection Systems is an EEO employer.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, test, and repair residential and commercial burglar and fire alarm systems
- Responsible to instruct the customer in the proper use of their system
- Clearly document all service tickets
- Maintain the ADS company vehicle, inventory, cell phone, and ADS tools
- Communicate necessary information with the department manager, co-workers and routers
- Follow safe work practices to ensure a safe work environment for themselves, co-workers, and customers
- Be prepared to work and drive in all types of weather conditions
- Responsible for night call on a rotating schedule. Rotation schedule will vary based on number of techs in the department in the rotation at any given time
- Responsible to read and follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the ADS Employee Handbook
- Technical/vocational degree or related experience
- 2 years minimum experience with electronic troubleshooting
- 2 years basic electronics
- Burglar and Fire alarm equipment knowledge
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Electronic troubleshooting using Digital and analog Volt/Ohm/Amp meter
- Troubleshooting skills ; AC/DC voltages, field wiring, control panel diagnostics
- Basic computer skills, use of a laptop and Microsoft Office
- Customer Service skills
- Detail oriented with ability to maintain accurate records
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Ability to drive a manual transmission
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- NICET Level 1 or higher, is a plus
Must be able to obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card from the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Near Vision
- Far Vision
- Depth Perception
- Visual Accommodation
- Color Vision
- Field of Vision
- Exposure to weather
- Electric shock
- Extreme heat
- Wet and/or humid
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Moving mechanical parts
- Extreme cold
- Atmospheric conditions
- High, exposed places
- Radiant energy
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Offices, factories, schools, retail stores, outdoor parking lots, hospitals, boiler rooms, basements, attics, chemical producers, distributors, residential homes, and apartment/condo buildings.
- Will be outside in all types of weather including heat, cold, rain, snow, and icy conditions.
- Will drive company vehicle during the day and night conditions.