Fire extinguishers are your first line of defense in the event of a fire.
Our trained technicians provide fire extinguisher refills, make sure that yours are easily found, and are in proper working condition.Alarm Detection Systems, Inc. (ADS) will conduct inspections that follow along with the OHSA/NFPA 10 codes and other local, state, and federal ordinances.
Annual inspections are to ensure that your fire extinguishers:
- Are accessible in times of need
- Are in the correct place and have not been been in previous use
- Have no visible flaws such as low pressure, puncture holes, corrosion, broken or missing parts
- Have safety seals that are not broken or missing
- The pressure gauge readings that are correct
- Contain operating instructions are complete and are facing outward on each unit
ADS follows the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) which states that all portable fire extinguishers are to receive visual inspections every month. Licensed fire protection companies are then responsible for their annual upkeep.
Check out: Fire Alarms
The first step in following our testing program is to figure out what type of extinguishers are in your facility.
Commercial properties use ABC portable fire extinguishers due to the many types of fire hazards they cover.
- Class “A” Fires can result from paper, wood, cardboard or other items that leave ash.
- Class “B” Fires occur from gasoline, oils, and other accelerants.
- Electrical Fires are known as Class “C” Fires.
Check out: Area of Refuge Requirements
Our services always include more than “just” an inspection and a tag.
We will fix or recharge any fire extinguishers that do not meet the requirements. Therefore, our annual Maintenance visits do include the removing of the tamper seal and operating the pull pin. Lastly, we install a new tamper seal.
ADS also ensures the cylinders are full (by lifting or weighing them if possible). ABC fire extinguishers require Hydrostatic testing every 12 years. Extinguishers receive this test in order to ensure that they are capable in the case of an emergency.
All business require fire testing. What sets us apart is our attention to detail. We compile detailed reports while checking all fire suppression and fire notification devices. We would like to be your single source for all your business alarm needs. Our security systems checkups are always free. Alarm Detection Systems can help your business keep fire safety equipment in order.