False alarms resulting in a police or fire department dispatch
can cost you big bucks. Such events also take first responders away from actual emergencies.
Follow these 10 alarm tips to save: Time, Money and Frustration.
- Train all users that have an alarm code on use of system and procedures.
- All key holders MUST have an arm/disarm code for the keypad, and a passcode on file in our Central Station.
- Make sure call lists/passcodes are up to date.
- Check that all doors & windows are closed and locked before arming the alarm.
- Be sure no banners or decorations including helium balloons are in the motion detector’s view.
- Do not put items in front of motion detectors.
- Before arming, make sure everyone is out of the building/house.
- Only enter and exit through designated time delayed doors or the alarm will go off instantly.
- Call in for a service call 630.844.6314 if there is any issue with your system.
Tens of thousands false alarm occurrences from home and business security systems happen annually. As a result, penalties can cost hundreds of dollars. Our goal is to ensure your alarm will operate correctly in the case of an emergency. We also place a high priority on reducing false alarms due to human error. In fact, ADS is one of the few alarm companies that have a dedicated team to address false alarm reduction.
Related: Fire Alarm Testing
Mellissa Hodgetts and Edward Lubic are the heart of our reduction group. Together, they have over 35 years of combined experience. They monitor all accounts for early signs of trouble, working with our Central Station and Service Department to reduce false alarms. ADS has one of the lowest false alarm occurrence rates in the industry.
To request a free false alarm training session and system evaluation send us an email at email@example.com
About Alarm Detection Systems, Inc.
Alarm Detection Systems is one of the largest alarm firms in the country. Family-owned since 1968, we provide business alarms, fire alarms, card access, security cameras, and home security systems. Proudly servicing Chicagoland, Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southern Wisconsin in the Midwest. Call us at 630.844.6300 for more information.