Protecting places of worship is a challenge due to the open, public nature of the many activities held within.
Many houses of prayer are forming security teams throughout the country to cope with the possible threats.
Statistically speaking, attending some form of religious service is still safe. However, too many shootings have occurred in a place of worship with grave consequences. As an administrator, it is important to safeguard against all threats to lives and property in question — including fire, theft, and vandalism.
Alarm Detection Systems, Inc. (ADS) protects your existing staff with effective electronic security in the case of a threat.
Here is a list of ideas to make your property safer with resources and personnel:
Ideas for Administrators:
- Form safety teams
- Use greeter(s) during services
- Employ parking lot security
Ideas for Congregation Members:
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Report any suspicious activity to worship staff
Additionally, everyone attending could benefit from safety training provided by local law enforcement within the community.
What measures does an electronic security firm such as ADS have to mitigate the risks?
1. Active Surveillance: Cameras provide visibility to all areas of the property day or night. They may also help authorities determine who should and shouldn’t be onsite and when.
2. Situational Awareness: An administrator may use their smartphone or tablet to view video feeds. Any threats can be sent to our Central Station as well. ADS believes that professional monitoring is an important part of any successful security solution.
3. Door Access Control: Devices such as two-way voice/video intercom alert staff when someone might be in at the front office door. Additionally, key card access secures other entry doors and restricts guest access to sensitive areas.
4. Intrusion/Fire monitoring: Securing your building with sensors such as glass break and motion detectors will trigger an alarm and send an alert to our Central Monitoring Station. Our monitoring station will also respond immediately to a fire alarm that is triggered by a smoke or heat detector.
5. Notification: Time is crucial when facing any security threat. Wall mounted emergency stations, panic buttons, silent alarms, and devices worn on lanyards alert our monitoring staff quickly. First responders will be notified as soon as possible.
Alarm Detection protects hundreds of church buildings throughout Illinois and surrounding states.
We have proven experience in helping places of worship address their security needs. From our locksmiths to our camera techs, you can count on the ADS Team for expertise.
Call 630.844.6322 to learn more about our 24 7 security solutions.
About Alarm Detection Systems, Inc.
ADS is one of the largest alarm firms in Illinois. It has been family-owned since 1968. ADS provides business alarms, fire alarms, card access, security cameras, and home security systems. Our main office is in the Fox Valley. We service all of Chicago, suburbs, and southern Wisconsin.